Civil War Stories Stories from - and about - a nation divided.
At the Pulitzer Prize-winning Washington Post, the Civil War has held an enduring fascination for both readers and writers. Raging from 1861-1865, the Battle Between the States has left a lasting imprint on the United States' collective psyche for 150 years. CIVIL WAR STORIES: A 105th ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION aggregates historical data with contemporary reflections, as journalists and historians put the bloody war into context:
- A timeline of Lincoln's candidacy - and what may have happened if he had lost the election
- An ode to West Virginia, which abandoned Virginia rather than secede from the Union
- The obstacles faced by emancipated slaves
- Women in the federal workforce - and disguised as men on the battlefields
- The modern anti-slavery crusade of Frederick Douglass' great-great-great-grandson
Personal stories of tragedy and triumph still resonate today. From biographical histories to examinations of the war's legacies, Civil War Stories: A 150th Anniversary Collection is a unique compilation of stories of when our nation was divided.
Stories from - and about - a nation divided., civil war stories, civil war stories ambrose bierce pdf, civil war stories by ambrose bierce, civil war stories pdf, civil war stories for middle school, civil war stories of courage, civil war stories from soldiers, civil war stories from confederate soldiers, civil war stories for young adults, civil war stories brother against brother